Saturday, December 31, 2011

Herbal remedies for healthy locks







This is one of my favorite remedies, and have used for about two years now. It's very easy to
make, and you can grow most of the herbs, keeping this a very affordable, yet effective. For those of yo
u who don't know me in the everyday life, I've gots alotta locks. My hair is naturally very strait, thick, and loves to tangle. I permed my hair a couple of times, which surprisingly, helped tremendously with the knots; however, the chemicals were taking a toll on my normally untreated hair, so I stopped.

My head is in full recovery mode. To balance and replenish, I treat with these remedies. Making my own beauty goods is one of my favorite hobbies. Finding spa time is out, affording the spa is out, questioning the chemicals in the products on the shelf, ick.

So I research, experiment, and my favorite, grow!! I know you have all heard about this...herbs are awesome! And delicious, healthy, easy to grow, and their uses are endless!

This being New Year's Eve, most of you will be pampering yourselves, getting dolled up, and feeling fine...ahh sweet. I'm hearing, "New Year, New You" on every corner. It's a powerful time. (Even though it's my personal opinion that you are strong enough to make positive changes in
your life any day of the year) I have not set a certain goal.....yet? Perhaps its this blog...that could be rewarding. After all, I'm feeling the need to share. So anyhow, perhaps you'll make this a part of your new routine =)


The amount you make each batch is
up to you. When I first starting making these, a mason jar full was swallowed in my fridge, and remained undiscovered for months. When I found it, I almost threw it out,but instead, I used it. That was the softest, fullest, silky head of hair I've ever experienced.
So, the longer it brews, the better for you! The recipe I'm about to give you is for one rinse. I'd suggest you doing this rinse about once a week, and mix up your herbage!





















*Boil 2 cups of water with 3 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, and the herb of your choice, for about 5 minutes. Allow to steep for 20 minutes.

*Pour mixture into a bottle, or jar with a tight fitting lid.

*After shampooing your hair, soak the rinse into your locks, and massage into your scalp. Give a quick rinse with cool water.

*A handful of herb will do. And I recommend using fresh, but I have heard dried works too, I just haven't tried it.

Here is a list of herbs I use, and their magically powers ;)




Rosemary~ A great tonic & conditioner. Gives luster & bouncy body. Brings out your low lights & highlights. Helps reduce dandruff, and stimulates growth! This is my favorite mix.












Chamomile~ Softens , soothes, and conditions. Lightens the colors, and stimulates growth.














Catnip~ Good for hair growth. And of course your feline friends will love you too!









Lavender~ Degreases and stimulates growth. Can actually be used in place of shampoo on a regular basis.








Sage~ Strengthens and and helps restore natural color to graying hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment